Karli’s Low Fat Zucchini Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 t Vanilla
- 2 Cups Zucchini (thinly diced)
- 1 Cup Drained Crushed Pineapple
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 t Baking Soda
- 1 t Salt
- 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 t Cinnamon
- 3/4 t Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (preferably Pecans or Walnuts)
Hawk’s Locks for Kids was started by my dear friends AJ and Laura Hawk. It’s a wonderful charity created to raise money and collect donated hair for children who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, health conditions, burn accidents, and medical treatments. Raising money, awareness and of course collecting hair helps children affected by these conditions live a normal life. They no longer have to fear getting teased about their drastic appearance changes, and are able to maintain their self-image and self-esteem. Since there are numerous shades of hair dye in my hair, I’m not a candidate to donate, but my husband is! He is growing his hair out until November to donate it to this amazing organization.
If you’re interested in donating your hair just follow these simple steps:
- Make sure hair is a minimum of 12 inches. Pull curly hair straight for a more accurate measurement.
- Hair must be clean and dry.
- Hair cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted. Temporary coloring or highlights that washout are acceptable.
- Tie hair into at least four sections (six are even better) around the head for a more generous donation. Hair that is pulled into one ponytail or braid results in a loss of up to four inches of hair. To do so, first make a center part. Starting from this center part, part the hair over the top of each ear. This will create four sections of hair. To create four ponytails, tie the hair in front of each ear into ponytails, and then tie the hair behind each ear into ponytails.
- Make sure each ponytail or braid is tightly secured. Hair that is loosely wrapped tends to become loose when shipped, making it unusable. PLEASE be sure hair is tight and secured with several rubber bands.
- Cut hair above rubber band
- Place the hair in a plastic bag or wrap it in tissue paper.
Mail the hair in a sealed envelope (special containers or insurance are not necessary) to:
Hawk’s Locks for Kids
4890 Blazer Pkwy #B
Dublin, OH 43017
From the blog